Thursday, March 20, 2014

Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing


This may sound lame, but my favorite part of going out for hibachi is the salad! The homemade ginger salad dressing is delicious and refreshing! I am a slow eater and always feel rushed with hibachi. I've experimented several times to make this dressing and finally found "the one"! It needs to set for a few hours so I find it best to make it on a work morning so that way, when I get home from work all I have to do is prepare the salad.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup of minced onion
3/4 cup of peanut oil
1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons of water
3 tablespoons of fresh minced ginger root
3 tablespoons of minced celery
3 tablespoons of ketchup
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of white sugar
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of fresh black pepper

Directions:

Ready for this? Take all of the above ingredients, plop them in the blender on high for 30 seconds or until it is at a smooth texture. Place it in a container and place it in the refrigerator. Let it sit for at least 3 hours. Make sure to shake well before serving. Drizzle over a salad. I served mine with my Asian Rice Noddle Soup and it made for a great dinner!

*Side note - you should eat this within 3 days or so of making it. It does not have any preservatives in it so it will go bad quicker than store bought salad dressing.



No comments:

Post a Comment