Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cheesy Ritz Chicken




My parents came over last night for the first dinner I made them at my new place. I wanted to make something tasty, but easy since I didn't want to spend the entire night in the kitchen. This recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight and makes for a very easy clean up. The total prep time for this meal is about 5 minutes - my kind of cooking!

Ingredients:

1.5 lbs of thin sliced chicken ( you should get about 6 pieces or so)
8 oz sour cream ( you can substitute light or low fat sour cream)
2 sleeves of reduced fat ritz crackers
1 bag of shredded cheese ) I used a mixed cheddar variety
Non-stick spray
Parsley for garnish
Greek seasoning (optional)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray. Lay out the chicken breasts evenly on the casserole dish. Sprinkle them with greek seasoning, or any other desired seasoning. Spread a thin layer of sour cream on each slice of chicken.


Top each slice of chicken with an even amount of the shredded cheese and pat the cheese down lightly on each chicken breast.


Next, take the two sleeves of Ritz Crackers and mash them up until they are crumb sized. Use a heavy tool to do this (I used my garlic slicer.) Sprinkle the ritz on top of the chicken, covering completely. Place the dish in your preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Some ovens cook faster than others, so be sure to cut into the chicken first to make sure it is cooked through. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with your favorite sides. I served this dish with a side of baked scallops and a garden salad. Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment