Tuesday, August 12, 2014

No "crab" rangoons



Ingredients:


I love crab rangoons. I could absolutely eat them once or twice a week but my jeans wouldn't fit! I created this version to help feed my craving! I'm not a fan of imitation crab meat, so I left out that ingredient. If you like it, add it in!

- 8 oz of fat free or 1/3 the fat cream cheese
- 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese (I used the French Onion kind)
- 1/2 of a medium white onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- Pinch of garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 bunch of scallions sliced thin
- 1 tsp of low sodium soy sauce 
- 1 package of nasoya wonton wrappers per batch (you can find them in the tofu section of the grocery store)


 Directions:


Combine all of the ingredients except the wontons in a bowl and let it sit out until soft (about an hour). Mix well. Preheat oven to 375.



Lay out a wonton wrapper and fill it with 1/2 tbsp of the mix. 


Wet the edges and seal them together to make a triangle.Make sure you have a tight seal so that the filling doesn't pour out while cooking.

Fold over the edges.

Continue for the rest of the wrappers. Spray a cookie sheet with pam and lay down the wontons. Spray the tops with pam so they can get crispy.
 

Place in the oven for about 12 minutes or until crispy. Be sure to flip them 1/2 way through so they can evenly get crispy. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment