Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Shredded Beef Verde Tacos


 Every time that I have Mexican food, I remember how much I love it! I came up with a weeknight taco recipe so that when I came home I could indulge in some delicious shredded beef tacos!

Ingredients: (This recipe is just for the beef taco filling, make sure to also purchase taco shells and other various toppings!)

3-5 lb pot roast
1/2 purple onion
3 cloves of garlic
1/8 bunch of fresh cilantro
1 jar of salsa verde

Directions:

Chop up the purple onion and garlic.


Place the pot roast in the crock pot. Top with the garlic.


Then top with the purple onion, salsa verde and top with the cilantro.


Place the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.


Take the beef out of the crock pot and shred with a fork. Throw away any fat.


Now here is the fun part! Use the beef as your taco filling and top with your favorite ingredients! I used my left over taco meat for taco salads the next night! Yummy and easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment