Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Poppy Seed Chicken Bake



This recipe i have from my grandmother who passed 2 years ago. I miss her more and more as time goes on. I especially wish she was still here to teach me how to cook, since she was the queen of comfort food. I haven't had this meal in about 2 years, and I came across it and had to make it as my next meal. I was able to modify all of the ingredients to fit my low cal / low fat diet. Feel free to add brown rice and veggies to it to add some fiber.

Ingredients:
- 1 lb of chicken breast
- 1 can of low fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of fat free / low fat sour cream
- 15 reduced fat ritz crackers
- 1 tbsp of poppy seeds

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the chicken as desired (I cooked the chicken in the George Foreman grill.) Once it is cooked, lay flat so it will cool down. Take the 15 ritz crackers and place them in a mini ziplock bag. Pound them with something heavy to crush them up into little bits. Place the ritz bits in a large mixing bowl and add the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and poppy seeds and mix well. Take the chicken and cut it up into cubes and put them into the large mixing bowl and continue to mix. Take a baking casserole dish (I used a 13x9 dish) and spray it with pam. Fill the casserole dish with the mixture and make sure it is evenly distributed. Place in the oven and cook for around 20 minutes, or until it is bubbly.

Nutrition information for 1/5 of the meal. (It makes around 5 servings)

Calories- 274
Carbs - 16
Fat - 36
Protein - 36
Sodium- 966
Fiber - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment